Monday, October 1, 2007

Hmmmm, almost two months now

Yes, I'm a slacker. I could say that I've been busy, but that wouldn't be absolutely true. I've just been lazy. Good thing I'm my own boss with this here blog!

Well, the last two months have been enjoyable. I took the girls to their pediatrician appointments and discovered that Matilyn and Reagan weigh the same amount. No kidding!

Also, I found out that I probably need to start getting Reagan to stop sucking her two fingers. Well, I don't know if I'm going to rush that... I'm scared, okay? I'll just admit it...

Matilyn was suspended, again, from the gym for biting. (Oh what fun...) Therefore, we are staying home from the gym while she outgrows this phase. I have only taken her once since the last suspension, and she did alright. But, I'm not going to push it. I have figured out that she will bite when she is tired. So, at least I have figured something out. As to 'curing' the biting, no such luck. (And I've tried almost everything...soap in the mouth is next...)

We took the girls apple picking up north of Wickenburg last month. It was a lot of fun and we brought home a lot of apples. Between all the apple desserts I made and the lack of exercise, I am lucky that I still fit into my pants! :) Here's a picture of my with Reagan and my friend's son, Ryan. We went to the orchard with my fabulous mom's club, 2 Hour Time Out. It was a very fun outing.

Erik is busy, though. His work is going well and he's doing a great job with implementing Asterisk at CCV. I am excited to see where he will grow next.

Right now he's in Vegas for a (much-needed?) man-cation. Thankfully, he paid the bills before he left! HA! (Just kidding, he's very responsible.)

3 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Dude - did you ask Ryan's permission before posting his picture on your blog? I should have received a parental permission slip. Eh, what the heck. I should be flattered...

Jessie said...

Excuse me! But Erik has our pictures on his computer and I haven't gotten to them yet. So, that picture was the cutest of them both! Hope that's okay with you, Roose!

Dr D said...

Enjoyable two months??? What about all the fun at the old folks' home - your parents!!!! After all, who can you laugh at better than your technologically challenged but scruffily loveable Dad??? And by the way, ANYONE is lucky to pose with my most beautiful 3-yo grandaughter!