Thursday, April 30, 2009

Random Thoughts

1. We bought a mini-van today. We went with a used and uber-affordable Kia Sedona. It's great. I love it. I always knew I would be a mini-van owner, so this is not hard for me.

2. We are selling our Pontiac Aztek. But silly us, we neglected to get our title when we paid it off. And we've lost the original lien release. So, based off the lovely Arizona Motor-Vehicle Division's website and a call to their office, all we had to bring to the MVD is the lien release. So, we have our bank fax over a release. And then take it to the busiest MVD in the history of MVD's (the one in Glendale) wait for about 45 minutes only to have the person tell me that they will not accept faxed lien releases. It must be original. ARGHHHHH!!!!!! We own the car! What is the problem? I swear bureaucrats must be sadists who derive pleasure from making honest, hard-working, yes, forgetful people make multiple trips to the devil's lair only to get one piece of paper that would help those same people get on with their lives! As my insightful hubby put it "This is what holds up free enterprise!" Amen, love!

3. What is with all the causes on Facebook? I just checked my facebook friend/cause invitations pages and seriously, it's about a mile long. Let me just put this out there: I know that the causes are good, well, causes. But really? What is '1,000,000 people for the Old Facebook format' really going to change? Or how about 'Join the fight against (fill in the blank)"? I don't have enough time to ignore all the cause I get. And yes, I ignore all of them. And no, that doesn't mean I'm pro-Breast Cancer or Asperger's Syndrome.

Okay, that's it. Bye.

6 comments:

Ashley Bartley said...

You are awesome! I also ignore all cause requests :)

I am so excited for you guys and your mini-van!

chandy said...

Yay for the new minivan! My parents had a Sedona and it was very nice.

So, if I send you a request to Join The Fight Against Idiots at the MVD, you're going to ignore it? What the heck?!?

Jessie said...

No, that cause I'll join, Chandra.

Charissa @ The Stromski's World said...

Yea new minivan!
How frustrating to get all the way down to the DMV and to get turned away. They constantly do that crap! I am sooo sorry!

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

mini-vans are AWESOME!!!! A million and one facebook causes, not so much...

D.L. White said...

I'm not bothered by the Facebook causes so much as I am by the "Hatchlings" game thingie. No, I don't want to hunt for eggs all over Facebook. No, I don't want to collect them. Please stop sending them to me!

Whew. That felt better. Thanks for letting me vent here. And thanks for never sending me one of those invites! :P