Thursday, November 12, 2009

Growing like a Beanstalk

Jack is seriously big. Yesterday at his month appointment he weighed in at 9 lbs 10 oz. He gained over a pound in two weeks. How awesome is that?

He is the first of my womb-fruit that I am not concerned about milk-supply. Apparently I can finally feed a baby of mine sufficiently, praise the Lord! I am milk-endowed. Maybe I can pump it and sell it for money... You know, it's a hard time right now. Of course I need to keep it going for Jack so I probably won't do that.

Anyways, I know it's no big deal to you but this appointment was incredibly affirming for me. I had a very difficult time nursing Reagan and I ran out of milk with Matilyn. So with Jack, maybe we'll make it a full six months or more. That would be a huge financial blessing for us, now that I think about it. I have always figured formula would be a part of our budget, but maybe not this time. God does know what we need when we need it, doesn't he?

3 comments:

chandy said...

Way to go Jess! Keep it up...the more you nurse him, the more you'll produce. There's nothing better than free breast milk!

Back in my baby days, I was very passionate about breastfeeding (maybe even bordering on militant ;). I nursed both of my babies until they self-weaned around 18 months, and I never purchased or used a single bottle or can of formula. Saved myself a lot of cash and burned a lot of calories :)

Come to think of it, I'd probably make a terribe babysitter because I don't actually know how to make (mix?) formula or feed a baby a bottle...

Mrs. Miller said...

Wonderful, wonderful news about your milk supply. That can be such a stresser. God is good and provides!

kferr said...

That is so wonderful! It can be so stressful to have trouble nursing. I had trouble with my milk supply too- I actually ended up having to stop nursing Emma at 4 months because she hadn't gained weight between appointments. My 3rd was also the easiest. Enjoy your time, it is such a blessing!