Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Learning French

Every time I see that Windows 7 commercial with the French girl, Charlene, it makes me want to learn French. Seriously, I've seen that commercial a hundred times and every time it's on I say to Erik, "I want to learn French."

I want that cute lilt at the end of the words. I love how it flows. There's no harsh sounds in French. No hard 'g's. Everything sounds awesome in French.

I even think French cooking is better, mostly because of the way it's all said! :) Think about it: Ratatoille; Pate a choux; Mirepoix; etc. If it's French you can bet it sounds great.

And even in the movies, I love the French accents. I loved "An American in Paris", "Gigi", "Funny Face", and "Charade". Even Kevin Kline in "French Kiss" with his fake French accent I didn't hate! Seriously, love it.

And someday I'm going to Paris. I'm going to see the Eiffel Tower and I'm going to stroll down the Champs-Elysees. Bonjour Paris!

3 comments:

chandy said...

Me too! I totally agree with Fancy Nancy...everything in French sounds fancy.

Did you see Julie and Julia? I thought that was a very cute movie (especially the Julia parts...) France and cooking! Bon appetit!

Kristi said...

Girl--in total agreement with you. I was in Montreal two weeks ago and almost everyone was speaking French and it all sounded so elegant and beautiful--it wasn't quite Paris, but the soothing sounds of the French language lilting around me definitely transported me away!

Charissa @ The Stromski's World said...

I LOVE french & France and everything about it! I took french in high school instead of the traditional spanish because it was more sophisticated & beautiful. And of course, I never do anything mainstream :)

I bet you could get a CD/book to learn french from Paperback Swap :)