Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Notorious


I have been watching Notorious on TiVo recently when I'm flossing my teeth. This is the Notorious with Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant and directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

It is perhaps one of the best movies ever. If you have not seen it, do yourself a favor and rent it. You will thank me for it. And yes, it's in black and white. But that adds to the depth of the film.

There is so much restrained emotion on the part of Bergman and Grant that you can feel it through the television. And then there is the story. Wow! I have seen it so many times, thanks to my mom. She got me involved in old movies and I have never regretted it. There is so much feeling in the old films; today feelings are just a part of the dialogue, where as in the 1940's and 50's, the feeling was acted and the audience felt it.

And Bergman and Grant. Hubba Hubba! They are amazing together in this film. Again, you should see it!

No comments: