Monday, June 15, 2009

Lamenting the Loss


My awesome sister-in-law and her husband just bought themselves a new car. You may remember that I recently posted about our mini-van purchase. I was, and am still thankful, for that car. However, when my in-laws drove up in this little hottie, I was suddenly filled with sadness that we were no longer DINK's. (Dual-income, no kids) That car doesn't even have a back seat to speak of. And you can never ask them to help you move! Wow. What a great car. Totally gets them out of a bunch of things! :)

In any case, maybe it's the third kid and all, but I am realizing that I am forever limited by what cars I buy. How sad. Not like we're huge into cars or anything, but you know, if the choice isn't there all of the sudden it's the only thing that appeals.

Stinking pregnancy. When will the kids be moved out of the house?

3 comments:

"Intentionally Katie" said...

Turn in the mini for a full sized van. You know you want to. Oh - and can you help me move??? I'll get back to you on the date. No plans yet, just want to line you up...

chandy said...

There's always the sweet convertible rental car on your kids-free vacation. Or if you're feeling like you really want to sow some wild oats, I can have Joel give you a ride on the Harley ;)

Charissa @ The Stromski's World said...

I felt that way when we traded in the Acura, my first "real" car, only had it for 2 yrs, now I am on the mom-wagon too! But hopefully not the van-wagon :)