Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday's Mixings

I enjoy being in the kitchen. I tend to express myself through my cooking and baking. I love knowing that I have made something good. I have been accused of showing off in the kitchen, but I'm not sure that's such a bad thing. Is it showing off when you can be good at something and enjoy doing it?

Anyways, today was not one of those days.

For dinner I started with left-over turkey, turkey stock, and pie crust. It should have been easy. It should have been delicious. It wasn't.

Anyways, I added cream of mushroom soup, mixed in green beans, green bell peppers, celery, topped with cheese and the pièce de résistance was french fried onions. It was not good. I'm really bummed. The idea was green bean cassarole in a pie crust. I'm of the opinion that everything is DELICIOUS in a pie crust.

It turned out as a soupy slop with a hint of pie crust. What a bummer. The green bell peppers were not cooked well, the celery didn't meld. Basically I was left with green beans swimming in cream of mushroom soup with a side of pie crust.

The meal wasn't a total waste. At least there was cheese and french fried onions. Yum-oh. But now I don't know what to do with the left-overs. Should I try to salvage them? Should I toss them? Keep in mind that I'm fairly frugal with food. I don't like to throw it away. If you have any ideas, please share them.

5 comments:

Charissa @ The Stromski's World said...

That stinks!
Scrape it all out of the crust, add some rice & chicken and re-bake w/ more fried onions on top if you have them.

Ashley Bartley said...

Yes, more fried onions for sure!

chandy said...

A hearty bottle of wine ought to do the trick! :)

The Maid said...

I'm with Chandy. :)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

I hate wasting food. You have an award on my blog, BTW! (it's a on a longer post that you might accidentally skim, so I thought I'd tell you about it!) Don't say I never gave you nuthin'.