Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

So, today I had a dentist appointment to get a couple of cavities filled. (I never had cavities until I started having children. Those babies take everything I've got, including whatever calcium needed to keep my teeth healthy!) In any case, I found a babysitter for my kids. I arrived at the dentist with 10 minutes to spare.

I should have known something was wrong because the receptionist had a totally blank look on her face when I said, "Hi, I'm Jessica." She said, "Did you have an appointment?" Me, "Yes."

No, I didn't. At least not for today. For TOMORROW!

I rescheduled my appointment for a couple of weeks from today. And my gracious friend let me have a quiet hour to myself, which I spent in the parking lot of Reagan's school reading Voyager. (So Good!)

The kicker is that I did have the appointment in my palm pilot. I just had the days mixed up in my head! Oh man, the sleep deprivation is a killer!

And this is so not the first time this has happened recently. On Saturday I forgot what time a party started and had to call the hostess to find out. We were almost an hour late! And we were going to a wedding a couple of months ago and didn't even bring the invitation with the directions because I could have sworn that I knew where it was. I was wrong. We went to the wrong location. Thankfully we were super early and not late to the ceremony.

I can not wait to sleep more than 5 or 6 hours consistently.

1 comment:

chandy said...

Aren't you just loving that book? Just wait, because 4-7 are even BETTER!